- Don't ever take insurance bets in Blackjack because the odds of winning these are more than twice the house odds of other bets and you're just throwing away your money.
- Don't keep any cards in a video poker hand that does not have anything that pays out. The worst you can do is getting another five cards that don't pay out, and you're just as well off as you were before.
- Don't chase after losses. Make sure you set a budget and stick to it.
- The longer you play the more chance the casino has of winning. Casinos always have the long-term advantage, so quit while you're ahead.
- You will almost always play in a different way when you play play-money games and when you play real-money games. Remember that no matter what you are playing for, the games are the same and the odds don't change.
- When you win a bit, put that away and save it for later.
- Always remember to claim every deposit bonus that you can. You'll get some easily, and others not quite so easily, but unless you clam them, you'll never be in the running to get them.
- Whenever possible, play European Roulette instead of American roulette because the additional "00" in American Roulette almost doubles the house edge compared to European Roulette.
- House edge for the player's hand is 1.24%. Hence, you pay the equivalent percentage of your winnings from the player's hand to the casino.
- Occurrence of a tie in a game of baccarat is very remote. However, you get back your initial bet amounts in case of a tie. However, if any player bets on a tie, you cannot get back your bet amount.
- Have a clear and through understanding and knowledge of the game rules of Baccarat to be aware of any mistakes by any player or dealer in a game.
- Player receives the first and third dealt cards while banker receives the second and fourth dealt cards.
- House edge for the banker's hand is 1.09% and casinos charge an extra 5% as taxes or commissions for winnings on this hand. Even then, you stand to gain by betting on the banker's hand as the outcome of a baccarat game.
- There are normally eight decks of cards in a game of Baccarat. You have a better advantage of winning through the banker's hand if the game is with lesser number of card decks.
- Baccarat offers three options for betting-Banker's hand, player's hand, and tie. Banker's and player's hand offer almost similar house edge and betting on either can bring similar winnings.
- You take only the last of the two-digit card totals. If total of your cards is 12, it is only two.
- There is no set pattern for the outcomes of any baccarat game. Baccarat is a game of chance and you cannot bet on any eventuality as the sure outcome of the next round of play.
- Betting on a tie as the outcome of a baccarat game is very rare as house odds for a tie are as high as 14%. Hence, if you bet on a tie as the result, and if it is so, you have to pay 14% of your winnings to the casino.
- Know what the betting limits are, and that they are appropriate for your bankroll. Also, make sure that the level of expertise of the poker players is appropriate
- Watch and observe how players play the game. Some of the more experienced are a delight to watch, learn what their facial expressions mean so that you can read them when you start to play. Remember that you can always learn from someone more experienced than you.
- In the same way as you learn about the casino, you need to learn about the game. Make sure you have a clear and concise understanding of what the rules of Texas Hold'em Poker are.
- If you are able to get the chance to practice a game of Texas Hold'em Poker before you start a real game, do so. Online casinos offer the chance of practice games that do not cost anything, you are given a pretend sum of money and can bet with this and learn your way around the game.
- Make sure your know all of the rules of the casino. Each casino that you play at may have slightly different rules from the other, so don't be caught out, learn about the casino before you start playing there.
- If you are new to the game of Texas Hold'em Poker, don't jump in at the deep end. Start playing the game at a table that has low entry bids i.e. a low blind and then if you do lose you will not lose a lot.
- An ideal blackjack table is one whose minimum is not higher than 5% of your total stash. While selecting a table, consider the rule variations which allow the blackjack player the option of doubling down on any two cards or the dealer having to stand on soft 17.
- Doubling down involves doubling the player’s bet and receiving one additional card. Use this option whenever you think that you will beat the dealer. Double down with any hand of 11, and 10 against a 9 or lower.
- Even if you are not completely aware of the rules of these variations, keep in mind that they work in favor of the player.
- If the player is dealt with two cards of the same value, it is a good move to use the “split” option. You can always split 7’s or 8’s against a dealer’s card of equal or less value. Don’t split 5’s and 10’s. You can also split 2’s or 3’s against a dealer’s 4, 5, or 6. And finally, always split aces.
- Knowing these tips will help a prospective blackjack player to increase his or her winning chances. Enjoy a few games of online blackjack today!
- Finding the right blackjack table is an important step in increasing your winning chances of the game.
- Remember as the dealer has to take a card on any hand with 16 or less, the player cannot win with less than 17 points, unless the dealer exceeds 21 points.
- Hence it is a good idea to take a hit (take a card) on any hand below 17 when the dealer shows 8, 9, 10, J, Q, K, or ace cards which are unlikely to make the dealer bust. When the dealer shows a 4, 5, or 6 value card the player can stand on any hand above 11. This increases the dealer’s chance to bust, more than 40% of the time.
- Don’t forget to use the doubling down option whenever needed. Doubling down is considered one of the best advantages of a blackjack player.
- Determine your losing limit for the day. Once that limit is reached, go do something else. You will not be a winner every time you play.
- The machine will not feel bad if you spend a lot of money and don't get anything back. Try not to spend all of your time on a machine that isn't paying out.
- Always play maximum coin at Progressive Jackpot Slot Machines. Unless the machine does not give a bonus for playing the maximum number of coins.
- Over the long run you will do better playing maximum coins because the jackpot bonus if figured into the payout rate for the machine.
- When things are going your way and you're on a lucky streak, take advantage of it and bet more. When you're slumping, bet less.
- When you have a win you will play 2 coins on your next spin. One coin is played from you starting bankroll and one coin from you winnings. If you win you continue to play two coins the same way. If you lose you will go back to playing only one coin.
- Similar to other casino games, it is crucial to know the odds and probabilities of the machine you're playing. Make sure you know the payout schedule before you start pumping in your virtual coins.
- After you have played all 100 coins through the machine, you will count your winnings. If you have won more than the 100 you started with you will put the winnings aside. This is your win that you will take home with you. You now have 100 coins to play again in the same fashion.
- Try not to overdo it. Find a machine that suits your bank-roll. If you have $43, don't play the $20 machines. Look for a dollar machine, and have some fun.
- Play one coin until you win and then one coin from your starting coins and one from your winnings. If any of your sessions end with no coins, you will quit. You will not touch any coins you have put aside from previous winning sessions. Go cash in your winnings.
- Always play what you know. Don't sit down at a machine that you're unsure of the way to win. Do a bit of homework and always be prepared.